Sunday, December 18, 2011

Assignment #5

I found two great ideas. 
1. We are really increasing our informational text at Alpine and the link I found talked about the 3-2-1 strategy.  Students read informational text (like our Time for Kids) and they write down 3 things they discovered, 2 things they found interesting, and 1 question they still have to help them with comprehension. 
www.readthinkwrite.org/classroom-resources/lesson-plans/reading-informational-text-using-951.html

2. The secong great idea I found relates to Martin Luther King Jr. who we discuss in January.  This link helps kids relate to MLK Jr. as a hero and how they can identify with him.  I want my students to understand how MLK Jr. was a regular person who was able to make great things happen.
www.readwritethink.org/classroom-resources/lesson-plans/martin-luther-king-identifying-257.html

No comments:

Post a Comment